Holden Commodore D.I.Y Rear 2 Piston Caliper/ 280mm Vented Rotor Plates VL-VS
This Listing is for a pair of D.I.Y Weld on plates to suit rear disk brake VL to VS solid axle BW78 diffs.
These plates allow a 280mm vented rear rotor off a VN SS (DBA020 or equivalent) and a R32/R33 sumitomo 2 piston caliper
whilst retaining the factory drum park brake setup.
Modifications to factory backing plates is as follows:
1. Draw a line tangent to the inside (centre of backing plate) of the factory caliper bolt holes.
2. Cut along line, preferable on the hole side.
3. Prep the edge for welding, grind the cut flat if its wavey, grind a weld prep into the cut edge also. Prep the new plates also on both sides.
4. Tack the supplied new caliper plate to the factory backing plate making sure the outside face (rotor and wheel side) is flush on face. Use the cut off piece of factory bracket to keep the face side flat if required.
5. Test fit the setup to the diff to check clearances between caliper and rotor.
6. If clearances are good, weld the new plates to the backing plate.